Monday, January 27, 2014

Just Back from L.A.

How privileged I was to be Forrest (Woody) Mosten's intern at his January, 2014, family mediation training in his L.A. home. I was able not only to participate along with the other students, but also to discuss with Woody his pedagogy and observations of the class. What an outstanding learning experience!

Woody is a master trainer, an ability honed in his many years of helping to define the family mediation field as we know it today. There seems to be nothing he hasn't confronted, no complexity he hasn't helped to untangle. His skill is humbling, and his commitment to peacemaking is inspiring. Having already transitioned my own practice to mediation, Collaborative Law and unbundled services in recent years, I now embark on the post-Woody phase of my professional life, in which I expect the clarity of my vision will be sharper, my skills will be better refined, my curiosity will be more acute, and my clients will be better served.

Thank you, Woody, for the superb example you set for us all. And thank you, Jody, for your warm hospitality throughout the week in which the lucky eighteen of us took over your house.

1 Comments:

At June 2, 2020 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Greg Prosmushkin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home